You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GregwAtl

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 4:10pm

Automatic shut off

I have a Hunter Pro-C Controller. I want to water my lawn on Mon, Wed, Fri next week and then not water anymore. Problem is I am going to be out of town for the next month. In other words is there a way to not have to manually turn the system off. I have this scenario a lot where I want to water automatically for a limited amount of time but I always forget to go shut it off and so it keeps on watering automatically until I do

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 10:44am

Why not add a rain detector to the system? Let it cut off watering.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:50pm

Like WetBoots said, rainsensor would be good for you.
Your controller does have a rain delay setting. On page 29, its called programmable Rain Off. This allows you to shut down your system for up to 31 days. These days will count down automatically and turn your auto program back on when the count down ends.
They also make systems out there that can be controlled by wifi or from your smartphone. That may be an option for you if you leave town alot.

Rate this thread