You are not logged in.

davework

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2014, 3:04pm

Hunter ICC Shutting Off Mid-Program

Hello,

We have recently run into an issue with our ICC controller. We have 26 sprinkler zones. We run them on two programs:
A runs on T,Th,Sat,Sun, lasts almost 22hrs and starts at 8pm
B runs on M,W,F, lasts 14hrs, and starts at 8pm

We also run D for drip zones 2x/day at 11am and 6pm.

The system is on a pump.

Lately program A stops at around 11am, about 2/3rds through, and D runs by itself. I haven't caught it right at that moment, but is it possible D is shutting down A?

Any other reason A might be shutting down early? Thanks for the help!

irrigirl

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2014, 4:41pm

programming

Yes, it is possible. Do you have a stacking feature on your timer? Have you tried moving D's start time ahead?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 7th 2014, 5:12pm

Program D is for concurrent running, so I don't think you see stacking issues there. With that many zones, it doesn't hurt to give the system an electrical checkup, with resistance measurements for each zone, keeping a record, in case some of the numbers change with time. I would maybe go further and take measurements of AC current, which is the single best way to catch a solenoid operating out of spec, since those are the ones that might trip the overload circuitry, and maybe shut down a cycle.

davework

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:24am

Did a little more troubleshooting, ran the system through test mode each minute, no error messages and it ran all the way through.

I changed D to start at 7am this morning so I could see what was going on, and sure enough, even though A was running, at 7am, D started and A shut off.

I changed the times around a bit and will see what happens, the only thing I can think of is that since the program D is running under was not the same day as when A started (A started at 7pm the night before), D somehow overrides?

I changed it so that A starts at 7am, so we'll see if D still shuts it down when it starts. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:53am

Although I used the ICC in systems before, none of them had drip, so I never needed program D. There might be some advanced programming options that affect how program D interracts with other programs. I assume you require that the drip runs concurrently with other zones, otherwise you could have it running on some other program.

davework

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 10:07am

So far, running A and D on the same day prevents the shut off. No idea why, Hunter Technical Support said to call them while I am at the controller to troubleshoot, but this has fixed the issue for now.

A now starts at 7am, and D runs at 11am and 6pm.