You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

davework

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2014, 3:04pm

Hunter ICC Shutting Off Mid-Program

Hello,

We have recently run into an issue with our ICC controller. We have 26 sprinkler zones. We run them on two programs:
A runs on T,Th,Sat,Sun, lasts almost 22hrs and starts at 8pm
B runs on M,W,F, lasts 14hrs, and starts at 8pm

We also run D for drip zones 2x/day at 11am and 6pm.

The system is on a pump.

Lately program A stops at around 11am, about 2/3rds through, and D runs by itself. I haven't caught it right at that moment, but is it possible D is shutting down A?

Any other reason A might be shutting down early? Thanks for the help!

irrigirl

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2014, 4:41pm

programming

Yes, it is possible. Do you have a stacking feature on your timer? Have you tried moving D's start time ahead?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 7th 2014, 5:12pm

Program D is for concurrent running, so I don't think you see stacking issues there. With that many zones, it doesn't hurt to give the system an electrical checkup, with resistance measurements for each zone, keeping a record, in case some of the numbers change with time. I would maybe go further and take measurements of AC current, which is the single best way to catch a solenoid operating out of spec, since those are the ones that might trip the overload circuitry, and maybe shut down a cycle.

davework

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:24am

Did a little more troubleshooting, ran the system through test mode each minute, no error messages and it ran all the way through.

I changed D to start at 7am this morning so I could see what was going on, and sure enough, even though A was running, at 7am, D started and A shut off.

I changed the times around a bit and will see what happens, the only thing I can think of is that since the program D is running under was not the same day as when A started (A started at 7pm the night before), D somehow overrides?

I changed it so that A starts at 7am, so we'll see if D still shuts it down when it starts. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 10:53am

Although I used the ICC in systems before, none of them had drip, so I never needed program D. There might be some advanced programming options that affect how program D interracts with other programs. I assume you require that the drip runs concurrently with other zones, otherwise you could have it running on some other program.

davework

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 10:07am

So far, running A and D on the same day prevents the shut off. No idea why, Hunter Technical Support said to call them while I am at the controller to troubleshoot, but this has fixed the issue for now.

A now starts at 7am, and D runs at 11am and 6pm.