You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 12:56pm

Replacement for Hunter MP3000

The development I live in has used Hunter for close to 25,000 homes using reclaimed water and very sandy soil. In my yard they put in MP3000 facing my Lanai (glassed in porch) and the heads are 26' away. They do fine with no wind, which never happens, its always windy and my windows are covered in recycled water from the ground up to usually 6' high. Yes, I have them turned down and I did try the MP2000 and they don't do the job.

I only need to reach 22' (which is minus the 4' of mulch and plants). This zone has 8 rotors and I will only be replacing 4 of them, leaving the other MP3000s.
I am thinking about using the PGJ-04 Pop-Up adjustable Arc rotor with 15'-37' radius as a replacement or PGP-04-CV-R pop-up for reclaimed water.

The MP3000 uses a 20 mesh screen is this a problem with the PGP-04, although in the 2 years with this setup I have not had to clean out the filters.

mrfixit

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 3:38pm

Maybe you could just swap out the MP's for Rainbird's Rotary nozzle.
The streams of water are thicker than the MP's so will be less susceptible to wind.
I think the Rainbird nozzle uses a bit more water than the MP3000 but don't quote me on that.
You could always swap out all the nozzles so they match.
The Rainbirds go up to 24 feet which is what you're looking for.
Rainbird Rotary Nozzle

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 11:19am

RE: Replacement for Hunter MP3000

The development I live in has used Hunter for close to 25,000 homes using reclaimed water and very sandy soil. In my yard they put in MP3000 facing my Lanai (glassed in porch) and the heads are 26' away. They do fine with no wind, which never happens, its always windy and my windows are covered in recycled water from the ground up to usually 6' high. Yes, I have them turned down and I did try the MP2000 and they don't do the job.

I only need to reach 22' (which is minus the 4' of mulch and plants). This zone has 8 rotors and I will only be replacing 4 of them, leaving the other MP3000s.
I am thinking about using the PGJ-04 Pop-Up adjustable Arc rotor with 15'-37' radius as a replacement or PGP-04-CV-R pop-up for reclaimed water.

The MP3000 uses a 20 mesh screen is this a problem with the PGP-04, although in the 2 years with this setup I have not had to clean out the filters.
Thanks, I'll try the Rainbird this week...

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 11:22am

RE: RE: Replacement for Hunter MP3000

Thanks, I'll try the Rainbird this week...
Got the R17-24H Rotary Nozzles and can't find a video on how to adjust.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 6:54pm

Looking for a video on how to adjust the RainBird Nozzles.

Got the R17-24H Rotary Nozzles and can't find a video on how to adjust.

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 8:43pm

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 7:02pm

The two videos were great and I just finished the job and the new nozzles worked great! I had one problem, the left stop didn't stop where I needed it,, the body didn't get tight in a good spot. So, when the water was on I turned it (riser) to the left and it was very difficult, but I got it where I needed it. Just hope that was OK!?
Thanks, for your help!!!

mrfixit

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 7:26pm

It sounds like they used Rainbird 1800 bodies. The ratcheting mechanism is too tight and hard to turn sometimes. I mentioned this to the Rainbird Rep about 15 years ago but he thought I was nuts.
The Pro Sprays don't have this issue.
I still prefer the 1800's over the Pro Sprays though.
You did the right thing by turning the stem.
On some OLDER model bodies you can't turn the stem but I doubt you have those installed. I'm talking 30 years older.

Good job!

Rate this thread