You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 10:30am

Rainbird ESP-M with 10 zones trying to split day watering

I am trying to find a way to program my Rainbird ESP-M so it waters 5 zones on Monday and 5 on Tuesday. Right now it takes about 5 hours to water all of the zones and I am starting it around 3:30am. Trying to break it up to start it later but water half(1-5 && 6-10) on alternate days. Is this possible?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 10:47am

It is possible. Set up program A to water zones 1-5 on your chosen days. Set up program B to water zones 6-10 on the other days. Make sure not to overlap watering times so that program B is trying to water while program A is.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 12:47pm

It is possible. Set up program A to water zones 1-5 on your chosen days. Set up program B to water zones 6-10 on the other days. Make sure not to overlap watering times so that program B is trying to water while program A is.
If the selector switch stays on program A, will it still run program B or once you program A,B,C they all 3 run at the programmed times?
Game plan would be to
set program A to run zone 1-5 at 5:00am and water deeper(MWF)
Set program B to run zone 6-10 at 5:00am and water deeper (TTS)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 2:34pm

ALL programs operate - remember that and you'll be okay

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 2:43pm

The only time the program switch matters is for programming and MANUAL watering, in which you would need to select a program to water. Like Boots stated, position of program switch is irrelevent for AUTOMATIC watering.

Rate this thread