You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Augy123

Starting Member

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 6:35am

Water running when system is off and no zones pop up to spray when turned on.

We recently moved into a home with an irrigation system with 11 zones. We had a service come out and get everthing turned up (after winter) and make sure all was in working order. They did replace a valve and/or solenoid but otherwise everything looked good and we've been running it for the past few months. The other day I noticed the water pressure in the shower was low. Upon investigation I could hear water running through the irrigation supply line even though the system was off (it had finished its cycle earlier that morning).

If I turn on the water supply and try to run a zone (any zone), it won't work...the pump runs but no sprinkler heads pop up. If I just leave the water supply on but don't run a zone, there are a couple of zones that dribble water. This makes me suspect there is a valve not shutting. I don't know why, though, several zones would leak and not just one single zone if they all have their own valve. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 26th 2014, 5:16pm

Sounds like you need more work on the zone valves. Some systems reach a point where valves will fail one after another (almost always due to bad diaphragms)

Rate this thread