You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

eddieruko

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 4:52pm

Program continues to cycle, won't stop after running through all zones

I've got a Richdel 508 controller. It has worked fine for a few months, until a couple months ago. For some reason, a program will simply repeat after running through all of the zones until I manually interrupt the program using the "Clear/Rain" button.

I've resorted to running in only semi-auto mode since. That is, I can set all of the zones and their durations properly, and it will successfully run through all zones. At the end of running through the 6 zones (the other 2 are switched to OFF), the program will stop running and water will stop, just as it should.

What would cause the program to go on repeat? I would have expected that the semi-auto feature would result in the same repeat cycle but I haven't had an issue

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 29th 2014, 5:55pm

You probably have multiple start times programmed.

eddieruko

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 12:31pm

Works today...

Well I unplugged the controller for a few minutes and started all over. I only have one start time set on Program A. I tried it a few times last night, and again today and it seems to be stopping correctly now.

I don't recall setting multiple start times, but perhaps something was set on accident.

Rate this thread