You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SgtBob

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 10:48pm

Rainbird 3500 minimum distance - how??

Moved into home with Rainbird 3500's that are overspraying into house and sidewalk. Head to Head distance is 18'. I bought new nozzles and the .5 (I think) screwed most of the way down prevents overspray - BUT, it creates such a mist, that any winds blows it away.

I have about 50 psi. What is the right combo of nozzle and radius adjustment for 18ft??

Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 1st 2014, 6:58am

Consider turning down the flow control on the zone valve, if you happen to have one.

At your head-to-head spacing, you might be better off with MP-Rotator nozzles. A really old-school solution would be the Toro Stream Rotor series 300, but that is getting into advanced territory, as those heads only water fixed arcs set by a replaceable inner disc.

SgtBob

Unregistered

Friday, August 1st 2014, 9:21pm

Thanks - gave it a try with no real difference. WIll take a look at the MP's.

Rate this thread