You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 7:30pm

The PGP head is a direct replacement for the Nelson 6000 heads, and the link you have in your post is the correct head you want to buy to replace the Nelson. You shouldn't need anything else besides the adjustment key for the PGP head. Order as many PGP heads as you need, unscrew the Nelson guts from the body, and screw in the PGP into the Nelson body. You may want to keep the new PGP bodies around in case you ever need them. Good luck!
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Struz

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 4:42am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />The PGP head is a direct replacement for the Nelson 6000 heads, and the link you have in your post is the correct head you want to buy to replace the Nelson. You shouldn't need anything else besides the adjustment key for the PGP head. Order as many PGP heads as you need, unscrew the Nelson guts from the body, and screw in the PGP into the Nelson body. You may want to keep the new PGP bodies around in case you ever need them. Good luck!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Tony !

Struz

Monday, June 6th 2005, 4:08am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />The PGP head is a direct replacement for the Nelson 6000 heads, and the link you have in your post is the correct head you want to buy to replace the Nelson. You shouldn't need anything else besides the adjustment key for the PGP head. Order as many PGP heads as you need, unscrew the Nelson guts from the body, and screw in the PGP into the Nelson body. You may want to keep the new PGP bodies around in case you ever need them. Good luck!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Tony,

Are there different sizes (widths) of the Nelson 6000 heads ?
Before I found this board I had tried buying a Rain Bird head to screw into the Nelson 6000 body but the Rain Bird head was skinnier than the Nelson 6000 and didn't fit.

Before I order the Hunter I just wanted to be sure that there was only one width for all the Nelson 6000 heads.

Thank you.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 7:02am

I haven't come across a Nelson 6000 head yet that I coulnd't swap out with a PGP, so I am assuming that they are all one width. I replace the 6000 quite often with the PGP's, they all have been a direct swap.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

toxin

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:38pm

<font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">Very good advice on that Tony...I never knew that the nelsons would swap like that with PGP. I got 5 years in the business and i still pick up somethin new every day. And cheers to all the advance member postings here, you guys have alot of great things to say, and a very professional outlook when it comes to parts and stuff. ;)

Rate this thread