You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JCWood

Monday, May 9th 2005, 3:09pm

Drip Line and Micro-irrigation

****o. I have three areas in my lawn that are intended to be flower beds. When my sprinkler system was installed, the contracter ran separate brown drip lines to the three areas. At that time, I did not have any trees or flowers in the areas so the location of the drips did not matter. Now, I do have trees and flowers and I want to specify where the water goes.

I know that I have to replace the brown drip lines. My questions are:

(1) Can I use drip emmitters? My contractor simply made tiny holes in the brown hose.

(2) Can I use the micro 4" pop-up sprinklers on the same hose as the drip emitters or is it an either or situation?

Thanks!

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, May 9th 2005, 10:44pm

What type of drip line is it? Netafim makes a brown drip line and has pre-punched holes with built in emitters every 12" - That is a possibility as to what you have. If you are not getting enough water with this drip line, you could reposition it, or you could punch additional holes and plug in new emitters in the line.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread