You are not logged in.

OscarNav

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 10:49pm

Rainbird 5000 Plus with MPR nozzles...

I am just curious.......does any contractor here or individuals use the Matched Percipitation Rate (MPR) nozzles on their installs..? I just went through an entire reconfiguration on my system and was contemplating these nozzles (GREEN 30'). It seems logical to use these nozzles to achieve same water laydown from a 1/4 to Full circle on my lawn, but i haven't heard much on these nozzles from this forum...I also figured if they were that great, MANY people would mention these nozzles more frequently here.

I have looked at about 2 or 3 systems from random houses that use these rotors, seems like all the rotors have the size 3 nozzle installed in them, isn't this a waste a water in the corners and maybe not enough in 1/2 or full circles..? Your input is greatly appreciated..Thanks.

OscarNav

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 10:29am

drpete, Wetboots, Nestors, none of you use these nozzles...? I see your comments almost on a daily basis, just wondering what you guys think of these MPR nozzles.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 11:13am

I have little knowledge on these nozzles. I use Hunter. Always looking for info though so i am curiouse to hear what other have to say.
Thanks,

Pete

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 3:48pm

A lot of installations are done with cases of rotors that already have the nozzles installed, and no one bothers changing nozzles to balance coverage. I favor Hunter gear drive rotors over Rainbird, even though Rainbird has those patented Rain Curtain nozzles. Hunter is a known quantity, and Rainbird is an evolving product.

OscarNav

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 5:59pm

Very interesting...I can see how it would be time consuming to change nozzles in every gear driven sprinkler, but i can also see its very much worth it if you can save water from not overwatering your corners (or even your pressure from well installations as myself). I will go ahead and try these nozzles and report back on this thread in a few weeks or so, i yet to turn my system fully on, it has been raining ALOT these past few weeks here in Burley, Idaho.

Last year i converted a few of my zones from Impact (Maxi Paw) to Gear driven (Rainbird 5000 plus), i was so satisfied with the performance, this year i switched the remaining 17 out. I did a major reconfiguration on my system, by lowering heads per zone. I have a well and it puts out 13 GPM at 48 PSI. Bought a Hunter pro C, 7 Irritrol 2400T valves, Added pre-built Manfolds, RB funny pipe and fittings, ran all new wires, you name it. I ran into this site last year, and mustard enough courage and Back strength to do it myself. All you guys have been really helpful, Thanks a bunch, saved myself a few thousands.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:17am

Pretty rewarding huh? you and I have the smae well output. Most people on this site use city water.
Thanks,

Pete

OscarNav

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:01pm

Rewarding you ask...? Definately. I was contemplating hiring a professional to do this work, lowest quote was $1400 plus, just to retro fit my existing system. This does not include the price of the rotors and Hunter pro C.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 4:30am

This is exactly why I did it myself. Plus I love this kind of stuff. So i had fun too.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread