You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 10:49pm

Rainbird 5000 Plus with MPR nozzles...

I am just curious.......does any contractor here or individuals use the Matched Percipitation Rate (MPR) nozzles on their installs..? I just went through an entire reconfiguration on my system and was contemplating these nozzles (GREEN 30'). It seems logical to use these nozzles to achieve same water laydown from a 1/4 to Full circle on my lawn, but i haven't heard much on these nozzles from this forum...I also figured if they were that great, MANY people would mention these nozzles more frequently here.

I have looked at about 2 or 3 systems from random houses that use these rotors, seems like all the rotors have the size 3 nozzle installed in them, isn't this a waste a water in the corners and maybe not enough in 1/2 or full circles..? Your input is greatly appreciated..Thanks.

OscarNav

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 10:29am

drpete, Wetboots, Nestors, none of you use these nozzles...? I see your comments almost on a daily basis, just wondering what you guys think of these MPR nozzles.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 11:13am

I have little knowledge on these nozzles. I use Hunter. Always looking for info though so i am curiouse to hear what other have to say.
Thanks,

Pete

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 3:48pm

A lot of installations are done with cases of rotors that already have the nozzles installed, and no one bothers changing nozzles to balance coverage. I favor Hunter gear drive rotors over Rainbird, even though Rainbird has those patented Rain Curtain nozzles. Hunter is a known quantity, and Rainbird is an evolving product.

OscarNav

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 5:59pm

Very interesting...I can see how it would be time consuming to change nozzles in every gear driven sprinkler, but i can also see its very much worth it if you can save water from not overwatering your corners (or even your pressure from well installations as myself). I will go ahead and try these nozzles and report back on this thread in a few weeks or so, i yet to turn my system fully on, it has been raining ALOT these past few weeks here in Burley, Idaho.

Last year i converted a few of my zones from Impact (Maxi Paw) to Gear driven (Rainbird 5000 plus), i was so satisfied with the performance, this year i switched the remaining 17 out. I did a major reconfiguration on my system, by lowering heads per zone. I have a well and it puts out 13 GPM at 48 PSI. Bought a Hunter pro C, 7 Irritrol 2400T valves, Added pre-built Manfolds, RB funny pipe and fittings, ran all new wires, you name it. I ran into this site last year, and mustard enough courage and Back strength to do it myself. All you guys have been really helpful, Thanks a bunch, saved myself a few thousands.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 7:17am

Pretty rewarding huh? you and I have the smae well output. Most people on this site use city water.
Thanks,

Pete

OscarNav

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 5:01pm

Rewarding you ask...? Definately. I was contemplating hiring a professional to do this work, lowest quote was $1400 plus, just to retro fit my existing system. This does not include the price of the rotors and Hunter pro C.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 4:30am

This is exactly why I did it myself. Plus I love this kind of stuff. So i had fun too.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread