You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Confused

Unregistered

Sunday, August 17th 2014, 7:39pm

Sprinkler not running when they should be

Hi guys,
I had a quick question. My backyard (zones 4-6 in their own valve box) are not running when they should be. My first 3 zones (in the front) are working great. At the valve box I can turn the solenoid and the heads pop up, so I don't know if it's just a wiring problem? They are under warranty but when I called the guy who put them in he said if it wasn't something big he would charge me $65 bucks just to come out and look at it. So I'm trying to do my research first. At the control box it says all the valves are open but even when I try to manually run it, it says it "should" be running, but they are not. Any help would be great, thanks!

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, August 18th 2014, 7:02pm

Check your wiring. Using a multi meter will help you determine if you have issues. I would say, if the programming is correct and you cannot get them to come on with the controller, odds are good you have a warranty claim. There are times when homeowners play with a controller and mess up the programming, in which case warranty doesn't apply. But it does sound wiring, controller, or programming related.

Irrigirl

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 12:35pm

Irrigation Help

If you have a front and a back yard, most likely you have two common wires.

The common wire to the back is probably broken. There is probably nothing wrong with the timer, as it looks like it is working. There is probably nothing wrong with the valves as you can open them by hand.

The best way to test this is with an ohms test/multimeter.

You can also remove the common wire from your timer and a zone wire to the back. Place both wires on both ends of a 9V battery. If the solenoid does not activate, you either have a bad solenoid or a wiring problem. I would test all three 4-6 zones. If none of them turn on, it is more likely that you have a broken common than three solenoids going bad at once.

Rate this thread