You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hadaX

Unregistered

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 11:06am

WeatherMate controller - nothing happens when programs run all of a sudden

Hi all and thanks for the help!
I have a controller that looks like this. It has been working fine for years, but I recently realized that it hasn't been watering the past few weeks. No wonder my grass is turning brown...
:cursing:

So, it powers up and everything looks fine with it. I set it to "water" mode and try to run the test zones, and the controller acts as if it should be working, but no water flows.
It isn't just one zone, but all of them.
I got out my volt meter, but ran out of time before i could figure out if the controller was actually sending a signal to the valves.

I did unplug the power/battery to reset the controller, and I have replaced the fuse. Any advice as to how to test if the controller is actually sending juice to the valves, and what that means if it is/isnt?

I can go to the valves and manually turn them on and the water flows and irrigates as normal...

Any assistance is welcome! Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 10:17pm

Test your system wiring for continuity by measuring resistance.

irrigirl

Friday, August 29th 2014, 5:33pm

irrigirl

To check that your power is going to the valves, you have to check for AC power between the common and each zone, while each zone is activated manually.
If you get 24 volts at your zones and your two power source wires, then most likely you have a broken common wire. Then you would want to check for resistance in the wiring, like WetBoots said.

Rate this thread