You are not logged in.

Towelie427

Unregistered

Monday, September 1st 2014, 7:10pm

Orbit 4-valve controller not running valve #1

I have an Orbit 4-valve controller, Model # 57894, that I bought a few months back. Today I was tuning some sprinkler heads and tried to run valve 1 manually, and it would not work. The other three valves came on just fine on both manual and auto. I switched the wire for valve 1 to the slot in the controller for valve 2 and ran that valve manually, and it came on just fine. This controller is kept inside and has worked fine until today. Is there a known fix for this, or do I need to replace the controller completely?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 1st 2014, 8:58pm

If you are saying that the zone 1 valve worked when you switched its wire to the zone 2 terminal, then the controller itself would be suspect.

irrigirl

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 1:32pm

How many valves do you have connected to it?
If you only have three, you can take zone one wire and put it in an empty circuit terminal (1-4). If you don't have any space, your board would have to be repaired or replaced.

DATWHODAT 50

Starting Member

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 8:45pm

orbit station 1 not responding automatically

I just installed a sprinkler system and already having issues with it.The timer I'm using is the Orbit 4 Station system. The valve stations are all Rain Birds. Now when my automatic timer turns on, station 1 DOES NOT activate. Stations 2 & 3 works flawlessly with no issues. I live in Ontario,California and my lawn requires lots of water. Can you please give me some insight on fixing this problem, Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 2:45pm

Switch wires at the controller between zones 1 and 2, and report back.

Rate this thread