You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rtaliano

Tuesday, May 17th 2005, 8:14am

Help with drip irrigation

I am adding 2 or three zones of drip irrigation onto my standard system. I was planning on using the new Rainbird drip valve/filter/regulator units. For the largest of the zones I have to run a submain from my valve box (which will then divide in two) to go to two small flower beds. The distance from the valve box to each bed is approximately 40' and 75'. My question is: If my water demand for the drip zones will be in the range of 20-50 gallon per hour can I use 1/2" poly with a Y or tee to each bed or should I use something larger?....or possibly 3/4" to the tee and then 1/2" line to each bed?

Thanks
Ross T

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 18th 2005, 9:23pm

What is your water pressure? You could probably use the 3/4" to the Y like you said, and then use the 1/2" drip pipe from there.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rtaliano

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 3:53am

My water pressure is quite high at the source (at least 70-75 psi). The source is about 100' from the control box where the drip zone valve will be located and the lines to that point are 1". I expect that I won't have problems even if I used 1/2" but since I have to put this in an existing lawn I wanted to do as little damage as possible.

Thanks
RT

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 19th 2005, 2:12pm

Just make sure you use a pressure regulated valve which is suited for drip irrigation, you should be just fine with the set-up you suggested.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread