You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

irrigirl

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 2:24pm

The Irritrol Total Control is good... There are four programs which is nice. It will also tell you if there's a short in the yard without blowing a fuse. The Irritrol Raindial 600-R is a good one too. Both have a 5 year repair warranty. They both have been around for 20+ years.

I suppose it would depend on your use. What kind of program are you wanting to use for your 6 valves? Is it all grass or do you have plants, flowers, etc. Would you want each of these areas to water different schedules? Do you have a master valve or a pump? Are you planning on putting it inside or outdoors? It may help if you can give us a schedule that you have in mind:

Example schedule:

Prg A, Zones 1,3,4,6; 30 min each, 6am, MWF

Prg B, Zones 2, 5; 1 hr each, 7am and 9pm T TH SAT

Or:

" I want zones 1,3,4, and 6 to run 30 min each at 6am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I then want zones 2 and 5 to run for 1 hour each on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, once in the morning at 7am and again at 9pm."

mrfixit

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 5:42am

I've never seen a Weathermatic controller installed in 20 years of servicing sprinkler systems so I wont comment on that.

Rainbird has some excellent controllers. I also have never seen a modular Rainbird installed.

I have however seen many many Rain Dials. I've personally uninstalled numerous Rain Dials the past couple years. Probably 20. I used to love this controller. The cabinet is super sturdy. The faceplate is super sturdy. But, the controller has a variety of issues. I don't install this controller anymore.

I uninstalled two Rain Dials I installed in Feb of 2011 just last week. Both have the same flaw on the circuit board. Yep they're under warranty and I'll be sending them in to be repaired. I replaced them with the new Hunter Pro-C modulars. That's what I'm recommending for you.

If you go with the Hunter Pro-C. Go with the modular and not the PCC. I returned 4 PCC's recently. All had issues with the door.
They were however outdoor controllers. I don't recall having a problem with the door on the indoor model. This might be a new issue with the recently redesigned Pro-C's though.

If that was confusing. Here's what I'm recommending. Pro-C

Rate this thread