You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bob B

Unregistered

Saturday, October 18th 2014, 9:31am

Toro vision 1 control box issues

Hi, when I went to blow out my sprinklers for the winter I hooked up the compressor and attempted to blow out the zones. When I started with zone 1 all the zones came on at the same time. When I looked at the Vision 1 control panel it showed only zone 1 being active. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 18th 2014, 9:33pm

Sounds like the controller is shot. The Vision controllers don't get repaired.

irrigirl

Monday, October 20th 2014, 10:48am

Vision 1

A usual test we try is.. Try running zone one again, if they all come on, pull a couple wires from 2 and 3. If two and three shut off when you pull them the issue is the timer. If they do not shut off, the issue is in the wiring.

But yes Wetboots is right, this timer is around 20 yrs old or more so.. more than likely will have to be replaced. :(

Bob B

Unregistered

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 9:33am

Vision 1 control box

Sounds like the controller is shot. The Vision controllers don't get repaired.

Thanks for your quick response. Should I look for a Toro as a replacement or can I use any type controller?
Thanks again,
Bob

irrigirl

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 10:49am

You can use any controller as long as it has an output of 24 volts. Manuals for controllers will almost always specify this.

mrfixit

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 4:14pm

I don't think a controller can turn on that many valves without blowing a fuse. Are you sure the controller's bad?
You should try Irrigirl's suggestion about pulling the wires. But if they're crossed somewhere down the line then you'll need to check at the valves to see if they're getting power.

Maybe turn the flow controls off and only leave the one open on the zone you're blowing out.
I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to winterizing being that I live in So. Cal but turning off the flow controls if you have them would keep them all from coming on.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Oct 23rd 2014, 4:22pm)

irrigirl

Friday, October 24th 2014, 8:37am

Vision 1

I am curious to know whether you tried that test? Did you find anything out? ^^

Bob B

Unregistered

Friday, October 24th 2014, 8:56am

RE: Vision 1

My next day off is Sunday so I will try it then. If it is the controller is there a certain brand or model you like?

Thanks,
Bob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 7:30am

My own use of Hunter controllers is influenced by the remote operation connector that came with every controller, when the remote controller was first introduced. But aside from that, they've been reliable enough, and their X-Core series have been good entry-level replacement controllers.

Bob B

Unregistered

Thursday, October 30th 2014, 3:17pm

RE: RE: Vision 1

My next day off is Sunday so I will try it then. If it is the controller is there a certain brand or model you like?

Thanks,

Bob

So today was my first day off since my last post. I started from scratch and ran my sprinklers with water and every zone worked perfect.
Every zone started and stopped as they should.

I then attempted to blow out my sprinklers starting with zone 1. Just like last time all the zones came on at once. I disconnected all the remaining wires to to other zones and still all the zones came on again.

The system being so old I decided to update the controller anyway. I installed a new Hunter Pro C box with 6 zones. Started the process of blowing out zone 1. Same issue all zones came on at once.

I took the cover off and cleaned all the zone valves. Same problem, I shut the flow control off on all the zones and was able to blow out each zone separate. Well at least I am all set for the winter and can attempt to find the problem next year. Again thanks for your input and sorry for my slow reply, The valves are old Toro Quick link valves where you push the wires into the valve

Bob B

Rate this thread