You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BCRUMB

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 11:13pm

POPUP IMPACTS VERSUS ROTORS

Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of impacts versus rotors. It seems to me you have better control over the impacts. It seems like the rotors will not spray close in to themselves but that the impacts probably will. Am I wrong. Is there some other reason I should pick rotors instead. The cost appears to be similar.

Bcrumb

CPFox

Sunday, May 22nd 2005, 11:31pm

I vote rotors for distribution efficiency. A well designed rotor (which includes about all made today) will spray close in to themselves too - Toro MultiStream and MP Rotators are good examples. You can also add the advantage of rotor's quiet operation and low precip-rates for little to no runoff as bonuses. In my very humble opinion, impacts were state of the art decades ago - before such things as water rationing and efficiency were even heard of. All the lab tests prove without a doubt that rotors can achieve the highest distribution efficiency you can buy - short of flood / basin irrigation.

Rate this thread