You are not logged in.

joycesarog@yahoo.com

Unregistered

Sunday, October 26th 2014, 7:24am

digging under sidewalk

I just read how to drug under a sidewalk to run PCV pipe. I live in CT. The soil is hard but not clay. Do you think the method of water pressure or the sidewalk sweeper will work?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 26th 2014, 7:36am

Water will work, but the results can be random. Depending on how wide the sidewalk is, and how long your arms are, you can sometimes make a tunnel with nothing but a good trowel.

irmajoyce

Unregistered

Sunday, October 26th 2014, 3:48pm

digging under sidewalk

Thank you for your response. Please tell me what kind of service provider would be willing to do the repair. There is something blocking the flow of water right under the sidewalk. Apparently two pipes meet in the middle and subsequently got plugged up. It is hard to find someone willing to manually dig although the exiting pvc is only about 12 inches under ground. Should I pursue an irrigation person? Thanks, Joyce

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 27th 2014, 6:01pm

It kind of depends on your budget and the ground conditions. Water jetting under a concrete walk can take only minutes, or it might take hours. Are there any trees in the vicinity? This is not the kind of job that lends itself to a serviceman who has to charge by the hour. Pros don't have to water jet, since they have special boring equipment, but the use of that equipment requires setup and excavation beyond what simple water jetting involves.

By the way, this water jetting is only for concrete sidewalks. No blacktop, and no pavers.

Rate this thread