You are not logged in.

Jackhipp

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 7:03am

System won't run

I have a Hardie HR6100 6 zone system that worked fine last year but now the controller says its running but no water. I have tried in the maual mode switching from zone to zone but no water. What can cause this?
Thanks,
Jack in Texas [?]

water miser

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 2:15pm

is the water turned on?????

Jackhipp

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 2:22pm

Yes it is on. Can 1 bad valve cause the others not to work?
Thanks,
Jack

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 6:04pm

Jack,
Do you have a master valve (MV) for your system? If so, that could be faulty and be causing you to have the problem. Generally when all of the zones do not work, there is a problem with the COMMON wire in your system. If the common wire is cut or disconnected, none of your valves will operate, thus no water. Can you gain access to any of the valves to open them manually? If you can, and you get water manually, you know the problem lies within the wiring. Let us know what you come up with. Also, I know this may sound stupid, but make sure your controller is plugged in, controllers will not operate valves on battery back-up alone.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jackhipp

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 7:13am

Tony - Thanks for your response - Is there a good way to locate valves? I have heard about some device - kinda like a metal detector but don't know if its worth pursuing??
Jack

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 4:04pm

You should be able to tell if you have a Master Valve by looking on the controllers wire terminals. There should be a terminal labeled "MV" and if there is a wire connected to it, than you can assume you have a Master Valve. Metal detectors work alright to locate valves, and there are a couple of inexpensive tools out there that can also locate them. I would suggest the Rain Bird RB-PW2000 diagnostic tool. You can get one from SprinklerWarehouse for around $50.00 - http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=190 - It should be on that page.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Friday, June 17th 2005, 6:48am

The best way to locate valve boxes is usualy to have a map made when you install the system.

Barring that, in the four soccer venues I control, all the valves are directly in line with the sprinkler heads. If you can locate one valve box, you can usually triangulate to the others

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Friday, June 17th 2005, 8:49pm

Not always necessarily true, especially on residential irrigation systems. I've seen main lines run in all different directions and valves being located in no particular pattern to the next. Your best bet is an inexpensive locating tool "solenoid chatter box" for the DIYer
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread