You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Buckeyes

Starting Member

Sunday, November 2nd 2014, 6:19pm

Rainbird ESP Faulty Controller or Module?

I am having an issues with my Rainbird ESP-Modular controller. I think we had a nearby lightning strike while we were on vacation. Since then, one zone (Zone 1) valve stays activated all the time and I have a constant alarm light. I have put a new solenoid on the valve but it still stays activated. The alarm light stays lit like the rain sensor is activated. I have jumpered out the sensor and it still stays lit. There are no error codes on the LCD. All forms of resetting the controller have no effect. I have basically determined that this is either the main module (zero module) or the controller is faulty. Can anyone give me guidance so I know which to replace?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 8:13am

How many zones are there? It might be easier just to replace the entire controller, and be sure it's all okay.

A pro would also be checking the resistance of the field wiring with a multimeter, to double check that all is well.

irrigirl

Monday, November 3rd 2014, 10:08am

I would agree with WetBoots suggestion of the multimeter. That will give you your answer.

Does putting the sensor switch to disable mode do anything for the alarm light?

Does pressing the advance buttons remove the alarm?

When you say the valve is activated (zone ) all the time, do you mean the valve stays open?

How old is the timer?

Rate this thread