You are not logged in.

mondo

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 5:11pm

I found the cable

I have a service coming out this week, but anyway, I found the cable coming from my controler and it leads to my back yard (i always thought it was a tv cable) and it looks like it goes to the faucet and pipes on the side of my house. There is a small round black cap that says vacuum being held on by 4 screws. Is that the "brains" to my system, or is there a box burried in that area. Thanks.
Mondo

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 6:01pm

Just take it easy, and observe the service tech when the system gets turned on, to see what gets done. Then you can decide if you want to take over the work yourself.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 23rd 2005, 6:01pm

Just take it easy, and observe the service tech when the system gets turned on, to see what gets done. Then you can decide if you want to take over the work yourself.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 24th 2005, 6:22am

That cap that says vacuum on it most likely is your Pressure Vacuum Breaker (PVB) - which is your backflow device. It simply protects your water supply from contaminants. As Wetboots said, "apprentice" your service tech when he comes out to turn the system on. Depending upon how much knowledge you have in irrigation, you may be able to troubleshoot some problems yourself, others, you may have to call in a pro. If you are looking for more information about irrigation know how, check out www.irrigationtutorials.com
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread