You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 10th 2023, 7:55am

Orbit Solenoid Replacement

I woke to one of my zones running outside the scheduled time. I have an older irrigation setup and have used 57041s below for many years. I attempted to purchase a new 57041 at the Big Box store and it appears they have been replaced with the 57266s. When I installed the 57266 I experienced buzzing. I tried another 57266 thinking maybe I purchased a bad one but the same buzzing occurred. I switched back to the 57041 and no buzzing. Has anyone used the newer 57266 to replace the 57041? Can I use any other brand to replace the 57041?
Thank you.

mrfixit

Monday, June 12th 2023, 1:51am

I Googled the 57266s and I couldn't find anything.
But if you're referring to Orbits new and smaller type solenoid, I haven't gone that route yet. I have hundreds of slightly used solenoids on my truck. lol
So the valve still works with the old solenoid but it stuck on once so you figured to install a new solenoid? Or?
Maybe the valve was out of adjustment. The flow control shouldn't be open all the way. The valve might stick on if it is. Maybe there was debris in the valve keeping it from closing then flushed through.
The buzzing might be caused by the controller.
You could try an Irritrol R811 solenoid.

Monday, June 12th 2023, 4:46pm

Thanks for your reply. Here’s a link to the Orbit 57226

After additional troubleshooting I see I have a leak within the controller box. Water puddles within the controller box when I turn on the main valve. So there could be debris in the valve keeping it from closing.

Rate this thread