You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MikeTX

Starting Member

Sunday, June 18th 2023, 9:22am

Sprinkler heads popping up and down.

The sprinkler system we have in our house was here when we bought it.

The control panel is a hunter control panel with everything else being Hunter except for the valves and solenoids.

Not all zones but at least 3 of the 10 have an issue where the heads pop up and down when it's their turn to turn on.

Just to see if it was the diaphragm or the solenoid, I replaced both on zone 10; one of the zones having the issue. After replacement the issue still exist.

What could be the problem and what could be the next step.

I can hear the lines under the ground making noise as well when the heads are popping up and down.

TIA

mrfixit

Sunday, June 18th 2023, 2:49pm

I've only seen this 2 or 3 times that I can remember. Each time it was the controller. All being Rain Dial's, not Hunter. Does the controller have expansion modules? Are the bad zones in sequence like a bad module. Like zones 4-5-6.
You could try switching the modules around or switch the wires around to see if the problem moves to a different zone.
You're on city water? No water via a pump?

Rate this thread