You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

WinkleF

Starting Member

Wednesday, July 12th 2023, 10:10am

PRO-C 400i does not work. Differences to 300i?

Hello,
I wanted to install a solar sync on my PRO-C (300i from 2013). Since it does not have the setting for it on the dial, I ordered a new PRO-C Controller (400i from 2021).
I used the same wiring and programmed it. Even it showed everything fine on the display - it never acitvated the sprinkler system.
Then I removed the solar sync, tried it again and got the same result.
I recognized the Base Modules coming with the Controllers are not compatible. (Mechanical blocking the fitting).

My question is:
-Are the Controllers compatible with the old system?
- What is the difference and how can I make it work?
I am glad for every hint.
Thank you winklef

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 12th 2023, 6:23pm

The new controller is 100% compatible with your system. If the Pro-C 3 was working, the 4 will also work.
Maybe the common wire is in the wrong place? The terminal is over to the left by itself at the bottom I believe. Post a picture if need be. Get the code at Imgbb.com.
Is the controller putting out approx 24 volts?
The outlet where it's plugged in is working?
Is the module lock on?
I would get it working then hook up the solar sync.

Rate this thread