You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

asker

Unregistered

Thursday, July 13th 2023, 10:00am

Replace guts of 8" 570 with a 6"?

Hello,

Is it OK to replace the "guts" of an 8" inch Toro 570 with 6"? I've tried it and it seems to work perfectly fine.

mrfixit

Thursday, July 13th 2023, 4:24pm

I can't say that I've never done that. The only issue I've ever had is when they redesigned the ratcheting mechanism. Other than that, they work fine. The new sprinklers wont fit in the old bodies. But it sounds like you don't have that problem.
Unless the sprinkler needs a check valve, you're good to go.
In California, our esteemed leader decided that 1800's and 570's were illegal to sell. The sprinklers now have a check valve and pressure reducer. lol Of course they're way more expensive and cause problems when you change one on an existing sprinkler system. All the heads work fine except the brand new sprinkler that doesn't spray far enough. So, you either put in the old illegal kind or swap out all the heads on the line with the new ones.

asker

Unregistered

Saturday, July 15th 2023, 2:46pm

Replace guts of 8" 570 with a 6"?

Thanks mrfixit for the reply.

That "esteemed" leader put another financial burden on society to raise prices yet more. We get it that water needs to be saved. It should be phased in though.

Rate this thread