You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Javahed

Wednesday, August 9th 2023, 11:53am

Lost valve - zone not working

I have a large turf area that does not come on from the clock. It’s the last zone, but I’m not 100% on how many wire paths - this is an established system. I traced the common wire and the station wire, both lose signal near a large tree. I’ve spent a good amount of time probing and digging, but I can’t find it. This is a large turf panel at the entrance to an HOA, so it’s high priority to get water there. What would be the best move to make? There are lots of established, mature tree and it seems like the mainline wraps the perimeter of the property, on top of which they planted endless arborvitae.

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 9th 2023, 9:58pm

Unless it's the last valve on the line, that common wire might continue to the next valve. Maybe locate that valve then trace the common wire back towards the bad valve.
Or maybe pick up the signal again on the other side of the tree.
I'm thinking since all the other valves work that maybe if it's a wiring problem, then it's the hot wire. Depends.
Have you done a continuity check of the wiring to see if the wires are broken?

Rate this thread