You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rbortner

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 15th 2023, 9:04pm

What are the best drip emitters for Arizona?

I installed a rather large drip irrigation system in the Tucson area using mostly flag drip emitters. Our water is very alkaline and very hard, and many of the 1 gph emitters have plugged. I did flush the system out and I don't think it's so much of a problem with dirt. Many of the emitters have deposits on them. I have a lot of emitters and find I need to turn the ends around in an attempt to clean them every few weeks. Some of the emitters won't clean and I need to replace them. I'm checking the system every 2 weeks and inevitably find some that need replacement (I have at least 150 emitters and so it's a pain - especially when they are dangerously close to a pricky plant). I have less of a problem with 2 and 4 gph emitters. Does anyone have experience with systems where the water is very hard? Which style of emitters have you found hold up better? Any brand better than others? I believe most of mine are Rainbird.

(I have read where commercial systems treat the water. That's not feasible for us.)

Rate this thread