You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

amirra

Saturday, August 19th 2023, 8:35am

Lightening and lost valves

I recently had a lightening strike and it took out my controller. The controller has been replaced and of the 5 zones I have one works, one is on all the time and the other three do nothing. I'm guessing that lightening took out the solenoids. I'm trying to locate them but am having difficulty. I can trace the wires from the controller, down the side of my house, around the back and up the other side and then the signal is lost.

Can I assume that where the signal ends that there may be some valves in the area? Just looking for some ideas as to how to go about troubleshooting this. I inherited this system when I bought the house and the previous owner was clueless about valve location.

Also, I did manage to find the working zone valve using the Armada 700 valve locator. But, I have had no luck finding the others. I'm assuming that tool will not allow me to locate the valves with the bad solenoids??

Thanks.

Rate this thread