You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kwolson59

Starting Member

Saturday, August 19th 2023, 11:04am

drip irrigation valves setup?

Hello, sprinkler experts...

I have been renovating/cleaning our lawn irrigation system that was neglected by the prior owner. One zone is perimeter drip tubing (brown, 3/4", with weep holes every foot) that has, over time, ended up about 10" deep and occasionally pinched by roots. I have almost finished tediously digging it free around the entire foundation and plan to have it just subsurface or under mulch.

Question: Where does the water come from? So far, I have not found a valve box for it (did find two that were completely buried for other zones). Any location that is common for this type of zone? I assume there will be some sort of valve interface like the other zones - I have about 50 feet of digging to go...

Any suggestions appreciated!

mrfixit

Sunday, August 20th 2023, 1:59pm

The valve could literally be anywhere.
Sometime people have them attached to a hose bib. Those would be manual or battery operated.
Is there a zone on the controller that's designated for the drip zone?
You've gone to ton of work. I would have just abandoned it, running a new line.
But once you reach the end, you'll have a better idea of what's going on.

Rate this thread