You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thunderstorm

Starting Member

Monday, September 11th 2023, 2:16am

Only 6V AC output to valves - Nelson EZ Pro Jr

A Nelson EZ Pro Jr 12-station, 230V controller is not starting any zones. The output voltage is only 6V AC on a multimeter, although the power transformer output measures 24V. So the boards are getting 24V.

The screen, buttons, programming, battery backup, rain sensor input/indicator, power/battery indicators, everything work just fine. The controller functions in all respects other than it's not switching a 24V AC output.

The Nelson EZ Pro Jr has two boards - one that receives the 24V input from the transformer wires and has the rail for the zones on it, and a second with the screen, buttons and rotary contacts that is connected to the first via a pin connector rail.

I don't want to spend money unnecessarily if the problem can be solved or it can be repaired.

Please, can anyone help?
Thanks

mrfixit

Monday, September 11th 2023, 6:07pm

I would do two things. First I'd reset the controller. According to the manual, you use a screwdriver to do so. Look on page 27

Also, remove the common wire/s from the controller. Now run your test again. Same reading?

Still 6v, I'd say the controller is bad. If you get 24v or so then something else is shorting it out.