You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hettiep

Starting Member

Friday, May 27th 2005, 5:02am

Controller replacement

I have a Weathermatic home sprinkler system-RM7A controller with seven stations. It is an electro-mechanical system and the "day" timer does not work (the dial is freewheeling). My questions--can the controller only be replaced (I have looked at a Hunter SRC-900i)and or there some directions available which would allow me to wire it up or do I need to look for professional assistance?

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Friday, May 27th 2005, 7:21am

If you feel pretty comfortable with your DIY skills, you can replace the controller very easily. For a system with 7 zones, the Hunter SRC-900i is an good choice, but if you plan to expand the system at a later date for any reason, I would suggest the Hunter Pro-C controller, which is expandable up to 15 stations, and really doesn't cost that much more. If you look at the wire terminal for the Weathermatic controller you currently have, you should see the way the wiring is connected. There will be one wire (generally white, but not always) connected to the COMMON (C) terminal, and you will see one wire connected to each of the zone terminals 1..2..3..4..5..and so on, depending upon the amount of zones you have. Simply label these wires according to which wire is the common, and which belong to each zone, and disconnect them. They will connect to your new Hunter controller in the same fashion. On the Hunter wire terminal, there will be a terminal marked C, for COMMON, connect your common wire to this spot. There will also be spots for zone wires 1..2..3..4..and so on. Connect each the proper zone wire to each terminal (the ones you labeled). Connect the power supply plug supplied with your new controller. There are three wires with the Hunter controller power supplies. Should be two yellow and one green. The green wire is ground, and the two yellow wires are 24 VAC.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:22pm

go with a pro-c from hunter- there are wiring direction on the internet. I only install those and the home owners love them.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread