You are not logged in.

steve

Sunday, May 12th 2002, 6:24pm

Backflow preventer

I have a Febco vaccuum pressure breaker. When I try to run water through it always leaks out of the top. Is this because I don't have it level? It's not that far off. I have checked the parts inside and everything seems to be OK.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, May 13th 2002, 3:44am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a Febco vaccuum pressure breaker. When I try to run water through it always leaks out of the top. Is this because I don't have it level? It's not that far off. I have checked the parts inside and everything seems to be OK.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
What's your pressure? If it's high do you have a Pressure Reducing PVB? If not you may need a new bonnet and or poppet set.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 14th 2002, 3:24am

Is it gushing out of the top? Is it weeping out of the top? is it a new breaker? Was it currently winter there? Was it winterized? Is there a zone on when you try to turn on the breaker? Are you turning it on all the way, or cracking the valve partway? More info please?

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread