You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 6:29am

rodents chewed wires on Richdel 2400T

I found that rodents chewed through three wires in my control box and 2 of my 7 zones do not respond. The wires are in terrible shape and very short. I have three Richdel 2400T valves, 2 wires on each. One set is completely chewed another has one wire chewed.

Is it possible to replace just the wiring? I wasn't sure if they opened, or how.

Thanks for any help!

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 4th 2005, 7:23pm

I am assuming you are talking about the wiring coming out of the solenoid on top of the valve? If so, you will need to replace the solenoid, you cannot just replace the wiring. Luckily, you won't have to replace the entire valve, and the solenoids are fairly cheap and easy to replace. You can get the solenoids from any place that distributes Richdel products.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Sunday, June 5th 2005, 3:56am

Thank you Tony. Yes, I was talking about the wiring from the solenoid. I will look into finding the replacements. Your response was VERY much appreciated.

bobw

Advanced Member

Monday, June 6th 2005, 4:04am

Richdel is no longer in business, however Irritrol is the successor company. The solenoids from an Irritrol 2400 series valve will be a direct replacement for your valves.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 7:08am

I was unaware that Richdel was no longer in business, I don't deal with thier products, so thank you Bob for including that post. [:)]
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

bobw

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 1:20pm

To be specific; Richdel became Irritrol a number of years ago. Irritrol is now owned by Toro. However, in all the years and ownership changes, the valves never, ever changed. You can direct swap pretty much every component from a new Irritrol 2400 into an ancient Richdel and not have a problem...

Rate this thread