You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Struz

Monday, June 6th 2005, 8:28am

Widths of Rotors ?

Are the widths of 4 inch rotors all a standard width are they all different widths ?

I have Nelson 6000 rotors that I want to replace. I want to leave the body and just unscrew the head and replace it with a different brand.

Thanks.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, June 6th 2005, 8:34am

Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??
Thanks,

Pete

Struz

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:09am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I had heard that Nelson heads weren't that good.
Even if I was to replace it with another Nelson head, is there different widths of Nelson heads ?

Struz

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:12am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Sorry I dont know your answer for sure but was wondering why you want a different brand. Trouble??

Head is leaking at seal.
I had heard that Nelson heads weren't that good.
Even if I was to replace it with another Nelson head, is there different widths of Nelson heads ?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, June 6th 2005, 9:43am

Someone else was telling me that they liked their nelson heads and that they have a 5 year warranty vs 2 year on the hunter pgp which is what I am currently uising. Sorry I dont have your answer.
Thanks,

Pete

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 7:10am

I am not sure about the different widths, but I do know that I have replaced many of the 6000 series rotors with PGP heads. Not all 4" rotor have a standard width, but the Nelson 6000 and the PGP should be the same.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Struz

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 8:17am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />I am not sure about the different widths, but I do know that I have replaced many of the 6000 series rotors with PGP heads. Not all 4" rotor have a standard width, but the Nelson 6000 and the PGP should be the same.

Thanks Tony.

[:)]

bobw

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 7th 2005, 1:23pm

I'd suggest you think in more detail on your plan. The work involved to screw the top cap off of a rotor and replace the guts is not that much different than the work required to dig up a head and replace the whole thing. If you're willing to replace the whole head instead of just the guts, you can then choose whichever head best meets your needs rather than compromising on something that will fit the old Nelson body.

Rate this thread