You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MHatala

Starting Member

Thursday, May 23rd 2002, 4:08pm

Backflow Preventer

I have a Toro backflow preventer that gushes water out of the top every so often. I have to shut the water off and then turn it back on in order to get it to stop. This happens every so often on my third zone. The other six zones are fine. The system is only 5 years old and it only started last season.

Is there a reason or a cure?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 24th 2002, 3:27am

Sounds like your 3rd zone may be using alot more water than the rest, causing a drop in pressure like that to cause the poppet to drop and leak. I would check zone 3 for leaks or ways to use less water with that zone.

Is zone 3 quite a bit different in terms of types of heads or numbers of heads on it?

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 18th 2003, 11:56am

Can you tell me what heads zone three has and what heads zone 2 or 4 has. What is the nozzle size on 3, and 2 and lets say 4. I can help you if you give me that information. Zone three is using alot of water and its taking a while to build up back pressure, and the PVB thinks something is wrong or there is backflow so it kicks out.

Hope that Helps
Please reply

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 18th 2003, 11:58am

Also check for a leak in that zone