You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TYGVR

Sunday, July 10th 2005, 7:33pm

sprinkler not turning

I hav had a couple of rainbird impact sprinklers not rotating. what could cause this? If I click the weight they start working again but stop after a while. Fixable or replace? Replace with impact or rotors?

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 12th 2005, 6:48pm

I would suggest replacing them with gear driven rotors. Hunter or Rain-Bird both make excellent gear drives.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Robbies

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 2:51pm

i would do the same thing. maybe sand got in them or just wearing out. Maybe use stainless steel. It might hold up better against the sand

bobw

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 5:09pm

In general, the world has moved on to rotors. The only real reason to use impact sprinklers in a new situation would be if you are using "dirty" water. The impacts tend to handle pond water, etc much better than rotors.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 14th 2005, 5:42pm

The missing information is what kind of Rainbird impacts are not turning. Minipaw or Maxipaw types can be replaced with the Maxipaws, and no digging required, if you use the service wrench. The older brass-impact-in-a-plastic-case heads are more cheaply replaced with rotors.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:41pm

hunter make a direct replacement for a PGP or I-20 to fit into the casing on any impact sprinkler.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread