You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jerlandsen

Starting Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2005, 9:38pm

Brass Champion Solenoids Leaking

I have one Zone on my lawn that continously leaks. The zone is controlled by 3/4 Brass Champion acuators. I can hear the water on slightly and water leaks from the lowest sprinker. I have changed the Actuator body and it started leaking again. What else can I fix?

bobw

Advanced Member

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:50am

The first thing I would check to see is if there is some dirt/debris inside the valve itself. To do this, you will need to turn off the supply line to the irrigation system and open up the valve. There should be a rubber diaphram in it. Take this out and check to see if there is any debris in the body. While you are at it, check the diaphram itself for any pin hole leaks. Reassemble everything and see if your leak is still happening.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 6:52am

Check the seat in the valve body itself. (I am assuming it was the actual actuator assembly you switched out, which would hopefully eliminate that as a source of the leak)

Rate this thread