You are not logged in.

ckjones

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 9:15am

Identifying a valve

I need to identify the make and model of one of my control valves. The bleeder pin has come completely out and got lost. So I need to buy a similar valve so I can swap in the bleeder pin from the new valve.

It's a black inline valve with no flow control. The housing has a flat top divided into (I think) eight sections. The bleeder pin is exactly in the center of the flat top. The solenoid assembly is to one side, next to where one of the pipes is clamped onto the valve (I presume this is the downstream side of the valve). I'm not able to see any make, model, or any other identifying markings.

The system was installed when the house was built in 1984. This gives some idea of the vintage of the components.

Does anyone have any idea what make and model this valve might be? Thanks in advance for your help.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 24th 2005, 8:22pm

Sounds to me like it is a Rainbird valve. Check out http://www.rainbird.com/shoppingv5/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=674&cat=Plastic+Valves
and see if you can find something similar to what you describe.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2005, 6:37pm

A photo would help. If the solenoid is attached to the valve by two screws, it's a Toro valve.

ckjones

Tuesday, July 26th 2005, 3:34am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />A photo would help. If the solenoid is attached to the valve by two screws, it's a Toro valve.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This nails it: the solenoid is attached by two screws. A quick search of the Toro website shows that my valve is indeed a Toro 3/4" inline valve.

Thanks very much to both of you for your help.

Rate this thread