You are not logged in.

letsrain

Friday, July 29th 2005, 11:39am

Accu Rain

****o together,last year in August we ordered the Accurain System
and install it in our private Garden. Now, 1 year later we will resumee- is it Top or is it a Flop?
what did you mean, what kind of experience did you have?

letsrain

Thursday, September 29th 2005, 7:00am

dear sprinklerfriends, I`m surprised, nobody knows it - or better - use the accurain irrigation system?????

Thursday, September 27th 2007, 12:10pm

Well, I have been using the Accurain 2m system for 4 months now. This is the new, rectangular box rather than the round "Death Star" looking unit.

They are a real winner. The zones can be programmed for shape and size. Extra zones can be added to water the sunny spot in the middle of your lawn that needs it, without overwatering other areas. You can plant lawn around your overwater-hating citrus tree, and not overwater the tree thereby killing it.

The advantages are very efficient use of water with no runoff. Easy installation involving much less piping than a typical in-ground system. One Accurain sprinkler could replace 5 - 10 popup sprinklers.

Easy reconfiguration of water application across your yard to suit different sunlight exposure and plants. No digging required, just reprogram the watering heads.

There are some minor drawbacks:

Cost - $220 per sprinkler. But keep in mind one sprinkler reaches a 60' diameter circle and replaces many in-ground sprinklers.

Wind - You need calm conditions to take advantage of the 30' radius. Usually at night this is not a problem, but if you're in an area where the wind never dies down you will at least need to space the sprinklers closer, as the greater the distance the water stream travels the more susceptible it is to wind.

Programming - their flexibility also means the programming of the zones requires a bit of time and slight technical ability. Those who can't program a VCR should probably stay away.

Time - this is good and bad. Slow watering means no runoff or wasted water. On the other hand, during the hottest days of summer applying sufficient water means my sprinklers can run for 8 hours at night. This is worst-case of course.

rain shadow - you cannot water directly behind a tree trunk that blocks the water stream

One last comment: I would recommend using copper pipe in the vertical post at a minimum. Threaded plastic is not amenable to removal and reinstallation should maintenance ever be required on the sprinkler heads. That said, I should mention that I have had zero problems once my early-version sprinklers were sent back and upgraded to current production standards.
- Lifespeed

Rate this thread