You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mpk214

Starting Member

Sunday, June 2nd 2002, 8:16am

richdel model 100 sprinkler head

I have 40 of these heads around the property. We just moved into the home and I was trying to adjust the spray distance with the screw on top to no avail. I took one apart and noticed that the (for lack of a better term)sleeve that fits into the bottom of the head that is used as a stop for the screw head and subsequently cuts off the water flow is missing. I suspect they are missing on all of the heads. Is ther a way to purchase this part?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 7:43am

Im not sure about those heads......Richdel is no longer a company.....Richdel and Hardie merged to form Irritrol, and the heads were changed around/ dicountinued etc. What are they spray, rotor???????

If you want to install new heads my recomendation is

Spray - Toro 570
Rotor - PGP - or Tbird
Tbird

Let me know some more info

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

willis_lamm

Starting Member

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 4:34am

I have a number of Richdel Model 100 heads in my orchard. They are workhorses but I also needed a few replacement nozzles. I figured it was just easier to try some different nozzles than go through the hassle of digging up and replacing otherwise quite functional sprinklers.

Rain Bird and Toro nozzles will fit the heads, but the patterns aren't giving me the full 15 ft. range. I'm in the process of trying some Weathermatic 15F nozzles advertised as direct replacements. I'll post a review after they have been in service for a while.

":O) Willis

Rate this thread