You are not logged in.

bjlawnman

Tuesday, August 2nd 2005, 6:21pm

rainbird dv valves

i have heard that the rainbird valves are one of the best even better than hunter i really like hunter products but is the rainbird valve better?? thanks bj

toxin

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 7:29pm

ok well i will start this off by saying that the hunter valves are crap in my personal opinion. alot of guys in the industry dispute this claim, and i think that is only because hunter givess kickbacks to big buyers every season. now on to the issue of the rainbird valves, i never took a liking to any of the models at all. i've had them all apart(as well as almost every other valve in the industry) and i just find that the interior design is a little goofy, and the diaphragms seem to be cheesy and a slight bit thin. now with all of that said and out of the way, the only valve i recommend to anyone is the Irritrol 2400T. this is a valve design that everyone has tried to immitate because it has proven, for many MANY years, to be the superior valve design. i mean, why else would this valve stick around for longer than i've even been alive.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 12th 2005, 3:29am

The Rainbird DV valve has 'reverse flow' design, which presents equal pressure to both sides of the diaphragm, so it doesn't have to be thick to be strong enough.

wetyet

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 4:10pm

The Rainbird DV also has the little screen at the solenoid bottom. Used to love Irritrol valves for pump systems 'cause they seem to pass sediment well without sticking.Getting sold more and more on the DV lately. Pretty solid valve all the way around. I'm repairing a lot of Irritrol valves ( screw and twist on bonnet) as they are leaking a little around the bonnet,(top).
WetYet? Joe Pell

Rate this thread