You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

garyz

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 7:40am

Replacment parts for Hardie XL sprinkler heads

I am desperate need of replacement parts for the discontinued Hardie XL series gear driven units.

NEw or used -- can anyone help or point me the right direction?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 10:24am

Parts, no. For more of the heads, take a look at the Irritrol CR500, since Irritrol is the name given to Hardie and Richdel products that are now manufactured by Toro.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2005, 8:24pm

What type of replacement parts are you looking for? It may be cheaper to replace the head entirely. I would look into that option as well.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

garyz

Monday, August 15th 2005, 1:26am

Looking to replace the internal assembly as a whole (eg unscrew the cap, remove, and replace), plus in some cases replace the cap at the same time where the cap is broken or cracked. In other words, everything that inserts into the outer s****. It would be a lot faster than having to dig up each sprinkler head, removing from ground, and reinstalling.

garyz

Monday, August 15th 2005, 1:27am

Do you know if the irritrol CR 500 "guts" are drop in fits into the old XL body?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 3:22am

Don't know for sure. Toro had the choice of keeping either the Hardie XL in production or the Richdel rotor. I think they chose the Hardie, but I'm not absolutely certain. It happens there is a lot of interchangeability when trying new heads in old bodies. Seems a lot of the bodies have identical outer threads. I remember a counterman showing me that a Toro Super700 would fit in a Hunter body. (not that anyone would consider that an upgrade these days)

bobw

Advanced Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 3:57am

I don't believe that the CR500 is a direct drop in to an XL body. Irritrol did make the XL head for a while under the Irritrol brand (may have stopped 4-5 years ago); you may want to find an Irritrol dealer and see if they have one around still. My local Irritrol dealer is a packrat and has all sorts of discontinued items in stock; very handy in retrofit situations.

Rate this thread