You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 15th 2005, 7:15am

leaking genies

I have 4 Lawn Genie's 3/4" valves that I purchased 5 years ago that now leak around the diaphram seal and seat. I can not see a model nimber but the operator is secured with 8 ss phillips head screws. Any ideas where to purchase replacement diaphrams?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 9:27am

Keep tightening the screws.

Monday, August 15th 2005, 1:53pm

I have tightened the screws until the heads stripped out and then drilled them out and replaced them. That is not the problem. The problem is that the seats and diaphrams are scarred and will no longer seal. That is why I ask where I can buy replacement diaghprams.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2005, 2:03pm

Buy new valves. If the present ones are a problem, get a better valve. I never had a Richdel (the original makers of Lawn Genie) leaker I couldn't cure with tightening, but you may have high water pressure (which means more failures if you just repair them) Rainbird makes a 075-DV with 3/4" threads

There's no knowing for sure what your valve is, since Lawn Genie stuff changes all the time now, unlike in the Richdel days.

Rate this thread