You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cassian

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 6:44am

Irritrol Double Dial-12 Controller - No power

My old Irritrol Double Dial-12 Controller stopped working after I flipped the power switch in the main electrical box on and off couple times. There is no display right now. I tested the outlet and I know that it's good. Is this just a blown fuse? How do I check and replace fuse in an Irritrol Double Dial-12 Controller?

If I were to hire someone to fix this, can a Hunter dealer fix Irritrol stuff? The Hunter dealer here has much better rate than the Irritrol dealer here. They say they can fix irritrol systems, should I believe them??

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 1:28pm

If this is simply a blown fuse, you should not need to take the controller in for service. The fuse will be located somewhere near the wiring terminal, possibly behind a faceplate on the control box. You will be looking for a glass tube. If the wire inside the glass tube is broken, the fuse is blown. Simply snap the fuse out, take it to a local hardware store, get a new fuse and snap it back in. If the wire inside the glass tube is not broken, it is possible that the circuit board is fried. Check the fuse first. If you don't want to do it yourself, a Hunter dealer can check and change a fuse no problem, but its going to cost you. Simple fix for a DIY.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Rate this thread