You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lcpine

Sunday, August 21st 2005, 10:51am

Rainbird 5000 Rotor Replacements

My sprinkler system is comprised of Rainbow 5000 Series rotors, etc. I have one that is no longer rotating that I would like to replace myself (versus paying a contractor to do so). I have checked all the local hardware stores (i.e. Home Depot, Lowes's, Marvins, etc.) and none sell the 5000 rotors. I have also looked online and have not found anything except the 5004. There is a lot of documentation, etc. about the 5000 and the 5000 Plus but I cannot find any for sale.

Are the 5000's no longer made? Should I be replacing them with the 5004?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 21st 2005, 12:42pm

Same animal. A 5004 is a 5000 series rotor in the standard 4 inch pop-up form.

lcpine

Sunday, August 21st 2005, 12:45pm

Got it! Thanks.

mburnickas

Friday, August 26th 2005, 10:53am

lcpine

As wet boots posted it is the same. Just FYI, you can buy a new 5004 rotor for like $7.75 so the parts might be too much to replace.
Thanks
Mike
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"--Airplane

Rate this thread