You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dan Marrin

Wednesday, August 24th 2005, 6:03am

Problem adjusting Hunter PGP-adj rotors

I am a real estate developer, and just had the last several zones of a 200 head/19 zone system installed last fall for a 14 unit lake side townhome project. This summer, I have been attempting to make some fine adjustments to the system. I love all of the adjustability of these PGP-adg rotors except for one of the adjustments; the screwing in and out of the set screw that regulates the distance and dispersion of the water stream. Most of the time the small hex (allen) metal end of the adjustment tool drops right into the hex seat of the set screw and adjusts easily, however, I have several rotors that have set screws that I am unable to get to turn either in or out. I don't know it the seat is clogged, defective, too shallow, stripped or what, but I just cannot get the tool to seat. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix? This is driving me batty.

I just joined this form today and hope I am posting this question in the proper forum. I thank you in advance for any assistance you might offer.
Dan Marrin
Lake Shore, MN

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 24th 2005, 8:20pm

Generally, the problem lies within some form of debris in the screw seat. If the heads were installed properly, and haven't been adjusted since then, you can pretty much count out the stripping of the screws, and it is a screw, I doubt it would be defective. The top rubber cap on the PGP heads is removable, although it will take some force. Use a flat bladed screw driver and pry off the rubber cap. I think there are three grommets holding it in place. Once that is removed, you will be able to get at the screw to remove the clogging debris. A toothpick works well for this.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Dan Marrin

Wednesday, August 24th 2005, 8:59pm

Thanks Tony. I have removed the rubber cap once on one of these, but am not sure if it goes back on as easy as it comes off, but it is nice to know that debris is my problem and that I will be able to clear it away and get back to making the adjustments I need to make.
Dan Marrin
Lake Shore, MN

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 25th 2005, 2:09am

Once the cap is off, a squirt gun works well to clear out debris from a hex screw.

Dan Marrin

Thursday, August 25th 2005, 4:55am

Thanks, Wet_Boots for chiming in. I never would have thought that something as simple as a squirt gun could arm me with a portable pressure washer. Great tip.
Dan Marrin
Lake Shore, MN

Rate this thread