You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bfdoc

Sunday, August 28th 2005, 6:28pm

Rotor and sprayer

Can somebody tell me what's the difference between rotor and sprayer?
Also, one of my sprinkler broke. I looked at the invoice from my installer and it said it was a Toro s600. But when I dug it up, it said it was a HIT. I couldn't find any info on HIT sprinkler.
Can I replace it with any 5-in sprinkler (rotor or spray?) ??
I only use it in the corner and it is a pop up and the positon is fixed .

Any help is greatly appreciated ..

Thanks
BF

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 28th 2005, 7:13pm

The difference between a spray head and a rotor head is quite significant. A rotor, also called impact type head has between a 4 to 12" pop up height and rotates a preset radius with a stream of water. A spray head, also called pop-up or fan, ranges from a 2 to 12" pop up height and does just what it says, pops up and shoots a fan type stream, which comes in different radii as well. Spray heads are used for small areas, and rotors are used for large areas. Which ever the sprinkler you have is, sounds like a spray, you will want to replace it with one of the same. It doesn't have to be the same brand, just the same type, so that the precipitation rates are the same.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

bfdoc

Monday, August 29th 2005, 5:40am

Thanks .. RidgeRun05.
Just curious .. I couldn't find any info on HIT sprinkler .. have you heard of it?

Thanks again
bf

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2005, 2:01pm

I am not sure what the HIT sprinkler is, I haven't heard of it. If I had to take a guess at it, the only thing I could come up with is that it was made by Hardie Irrigation, which is no longer in business under that name.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2005, 2:57pm

HIT Products http://www.hitproductscorp.com/ it must be a mist head.

bfdoc

Tuesday, August 30th 2005, 9:18am

That's it .. that's the company and website ...
I googled HIT and nothing showed.
Thanks so much ..
But since they don't sell online, I was wondering if I can replace it with other brand and model .. also I need to know if a mist head is the same as spraying...

Please advise
Thanks
BF

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 30th 2005, 11:14am

A spray head goes by multiple names, mist head, sprayer, pop-up. You can replace the head with any brand you wish. It doesn't have to be the same brand.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

bfdoc

Thursday, September 1st 2005, 6:00am

Great .. Tony, thanks for the help

BF

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 15th 2006, 8:15pm

"hit" is a real cheap version of a "toro" mist head. toro mist heads have interchangable nozzles that you screw on to the shaft of the head. my company tried the hit products and let me tell you that you get what you pay for. they are terrible products. stick with a reputable company.

Rate this thread