You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

c4char

Monday, August 29th 2005, 5:38am

Hunter I-20 vs Rainbird 5000 Series

Quick question here,

I am between two sprinkler system estimates. One company uses Orbit Professional line (trying to get more info on this product in another post) for everything the other estimate uses Rainbird line for everything but gave me a choice of upgrading from the Rainbird 5000 Series Rotors to Hunter I-20 for cost which will cost me an additional $6 a head. Since I have only 20 rotaries, It will only be $120 additional.

Is it worth it for a residential application? Let me know your opinion on the I-20 heads vs the Rainbird 5000 series.

My PSI is 60.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2005, 6:44am

Save your money.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Monday, August 29th 2005, 1:35pm

The Rainbird 5000 series is just fine for your application. Save the $120.00. Don't get me wrong, I install Hunter products, and the I-20 is a great head, but the 5000 is also a great head, and spending the extra money in your case is not needed. Anything over the Orbit products is a good start.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 5:26pm

go with the Hunter I-20 they are well worth it. If you are worried about pressure you could always throw a 3/4 hp pump on and have great pressure around 100 psi.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread